On 13 March we acquired Nightfreight (GB) Limited (‘Nightfreight’) in order to strengthen our range of parcel and freight delivery services.
The accounts for the year ending 30 June 2012 include the results from Nightfreight’s first 15 weeks as part of the DX group.
Our earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, amortisation and exceptional items (‘EBITDA’) increased by £3.3 million (12%). For our existing operations (excluding Nightfreight, ‘DX’), our earnings increased by £3.0 million (11%) – Nightfreight contributing £0.3 million.
DX has reported a strong trading year. Revenues rose by £5.1 million (3%) due to some significant new Customer wins and increased volumes from existing Customers. Parcels and freight revenue increased by £5.4 million (14%) and mail and packets revenue by £3.0 million (3%).
DX EBITDA margins have also improved (from 17.6% to 18.9%). Operating costs (excluding depreciation, amortisation and exceptional items) increased by just £1.9 million (1%) to deliver the 3% revenue rise. Third party cash interest cover increased from 5.1 times to 5.4 times EBITDA.
This section contains financial information about the DX Group:
- the group financial statements for the year ending 30 June 2008
- the group financial statements for the year ending 30 June 2009
- the group financial statement for the year ending 30 June 2010
- the group financial statement for the year ending 30 June 2011
- the group financial statement for the year ending 30 June 2012
To view these please click on the relevant link in the left hand side navigation.