If you’re sending high-value, urgent or important documents or parcels to other DX Members, our DX Tracked Mail service provides the perfect solution for just £3.75 per label.
Who we deliver for:
- Businesses of all sizes, especially those with a requirement for an internal post network covering multiple sites and branches
- Solicitors and barristers sending legal papers, contracts or evidence between other solicitors and barristers, the courts and other legal departments of Government
- Banks, building societies and other financial institutions with branch networks requiring cheques to be processed by clearing houses, often in the early hours
- The public sector, including local authorities, government departments and state agencies
- Hospitals and healthcare organisations. We handle patient records, X-Rays, specimens and samples, test results and legal mail for the health industry
- Opticians using DX as part of the supply chain to send frames and lenses to suppliers for bespoke lenses or repairs
- High street retail outlets needing next day delivery between both branches and suppliers
- Large warehouses that dispatch hundreds of parcels every day to small-scale retail outlets
The benefits to you:
The DX Tracked Mail service gives you all the benefits of the DX Document Exchange, including pre-9am delivery, with the added reassurance of:
- Barcode-tracked delivery to the Exchange on our network
- Email confirmation that items are en-route
- Courier scan upon delivery
- Up to £30 compensation
- Real-time consignment web-tracking
You can check the status of your DX Tracked Mail items via the DX website at any time. For maximum visibility and security, the service also includes the option to use our free, tamper-evident pouches.
Order Tracked Mail labels now
How to use DX Tracked Mail
The Tracked Mail service can be used to upgrade any DX addressed items (letters or parcels). Simply purchase a pack of labels (20, 50 or 100) and keep hold of them until you need them.
- Address your document or parcel with your sender's details and the receiver's contact name + 3-line DX address.
- Simply place the item(s) you are despatching inside a DX Tracked Mail pouch, affix a Tracked Mail barcode label where indicated. (If you are sending a parcel, place the Tracked Mail label next to the receiver's DX address.
- Complete the log book as per the simple despatch guidelines and then post your Tracked Mail items into the Outgoing Mailbox at your local Exchange, along with your normal Document Exchange mail before 5pm.
View the Additional Rules of Membership for DX Tracked Mail.
Get in touch
To learn more about how Tracked Mail could help your business, or to talk to our team about your specific requirements, call us on 0844 826 1178 or contact us to find out more.